FUNAAB invites Applicants seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta undergraduate programmes every year to register online for Screening Exercise. However, these candidates are to meet certain requirements before they can be admitted to study in FUNAAB.
This guide will Cover Funaab courses, Admission requirements and how to apply for FUNAAB Post Utme.
- AGRIC EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- AGRICULTURAL ADMINISTRATION
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & FARM MANAGEMENT
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- ANIMAL PHYSIOLOGY
- ANIMAL BREEDING AND GENETICS
- ANIMAL NUTRITION
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND HEALTH SERVICES
- AQUACULTURE AND FISHERIES MANAGEMENT
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CROP PROTECTION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
- HOME ECONOMICS
- HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
- PASTURE AND RANGE MANAGEMENT
- PLANT BREEDING & SEED TECHNOLOGY
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY & CROP PRODUCTION
- SOIL SCIENCE AND LAND MANAGEMENT
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
- WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND AGROMETEOROLOGY
Funaab Admission Requirements
A. Post UTME Requirements
To be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise candidates must have sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 180 marks for the following programmes:
- Agricultural Administration
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Administration
- Crop Protection
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Pasture and Range Management
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Soil Science and Land Management
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Or a minimum of 200 marks for the following programmes:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
Candidates who chose Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or Microbiology but scored between 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural programmes if they are interested.
- In addition to conditions stated in the Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, candidates are expected to possess five (5) SSC Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
- A Pass in Physics at O-Level is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes.
- A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Science is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes. The University does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- Candidates applying for Water Resources Management should also possess a Credit in Geography.
B. FUNAAB Direct Entry
Candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should note that they have the SOLE responsibility of ensuring that they meet the minimum admission requirements at Ordinary Level, OND, NCE or HND before making any payment.
If at any point it is discovered that the candidate does NOT meet the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and payment made is NON- REFUNDABLE.
Admission Into 200 Level Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses:
In addition to the minimum UTME requirement specified at O’Level, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to possess a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution. At least two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.
How to Apply for FUNAAB Post UTME Admission
- Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal, click on “Apply for Admission” and enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice which states their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only, excluding REMITA charges.
- Candidates should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or Online using debit card or via Internet Banking and make payment of the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portal and complete the e-application form as appropriate.
- Candidates are required to correctly input their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results (where applicable) and upload a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first preview and confirm the entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page.
- Candidates should thereafter print out the Application Form displaying their passport photograph.
- Correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture would be entertained thereafter.
- Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
Note: Applications for refund on losing admissions offer will not be entertained. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure they meet the minimum admission requirements before making payment for acceptance of admission offer.