Latest Ogun State News Updates Today and Right Now: If you are not updated, you will be outdated. The best way to stay updated about Ogun State latest happenings is to keep visiting the OgunObservers. We are here to keep you updated about Ogun Affairs.
It doesn’t matter whether you are in Ogun State or outside Ogun State. So long you wish to be updated about everything going on in Ogun State, then you are covered. OgunObservers is here to inform you about the hottest ongoing Ogun news and gossip.
The following are headlines that will be covered in our News Section:
- Ogun politics News
- Ogun Football and other sports news
- Business Updates
- Health and Discovery News
- Latest Ogun Tech News
- Ogun Jobs update
- Ogun school news and so on.
Now, If you have ever searched any of the following on Google, this article is for you:
- Hot News in Ogun State 2019.
- Sports news in Ogun state
- Latest Job News in Ogun Today.
- Latest on Politics in Ogun.
- Breaking news in Ogun
- Top news this week in Ogun State.
- What is Happening in Ogun State Right Now?
Some Ogun State Facts
- Ogun state was created by the Murtala and Obasanjo administration on the 3rd of February, 1976 from the Old Western State.
- Ogun State was named after the Ogun River, which runs right across the state from north to south.
- It borders Lagos State to the south, Oyo and Osun states to the north, Ondo State to the east and the Republic of Benin to the west.
- Ogun state has six major ethnic groups: the Egba, the Ijebu, the Remo, the Egbado, the Awori and the Egun. There are also sub-groups like the Ikale, Ketu, Ohori and Anago.
- Ogun state has produced the majority of Nigeria’s political leaders from the South-West region. All South-Westerners who were once the President or Head of State of the country (Obasanjo, Shonekan) all hail from Ogun State. Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, the first premier of the Western region, was also from Ogun State.
- The state currently has a total of 20 local government areas. See them here
- Ogun state contributes significantly to the production of poultry products in Nigeria. In addition, the popular Ofada rice is grown almost exclusively in Ogun state. The rice was actually named after the town Ofada – the town where it was successfully cultivated.
- Ogun has one Federal University: the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta; one state government college of education, Tai Solarin College of Education, one state government polytechnic, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), formerly known as Ogun State Polytechnic, Ojere, Abeokuta, and two state government universities: Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye (formerly known as Ogun State University), and the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) Ijebu Ode. Covenant University (Private School) is also in Ogun State.
To get OGUN STATE NEWS Updates back to back, visit OGUN NEWS PORTAL